March 12, 2015

Play(list) by the Book: The Bone Clocks



In The Bone Clocks there are so many songs mentioned that I couldn't resist the temptation to create a playlist to share with you! But I had to (at least) try to limit it to a sensible number of tracks. That's why I only included one song per artist, I didn't include any classical music pieces and in case an album was mentioned I picked the song I liked the most. So, plug in your headsets and enjoy!




But this post wouldn't really be complete without a list of the albums mentioned throughout the book or the classical music pieces (I have also added the classical pieces in the playlist, however you might still want to listen to them in their entirety).

 Albums mentioned:

  • Talking Heads - Fear of Music
  • Bob Dylan John Wesley Harding
  • Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon
  • Nirvana - Nevermind
  • George Michael - Listen Without Prejudice
  • Joni Mitchell - Song to a Seagull
  • Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage
  • Miles Davis - In a Silent Way

Pieces of Classical Music:

  • John Dowland - Weep You No More Sad Fountains
  • Benjamin Britten - Hymn to the Virgin
  • Peter Grimes - Interludes
  • Bruckner - Sumphony no. 9 
  • W. A. Mozart - Don Giovanni, Act 2
  • Bach - Partitas
  • Stradivarius played by Yehudi Menuhin
  • John Cage - In a Landscape
  • Keith Jarrett - My Wild Irish Rose
  • Maria Callas - Casta Diva
  • Toru Takemitsu - From Me Flows What You Call Time
  • Jean Sibelius - The Swan of Tuenola
  • Shostakovich - Preludes and Fugues
  • William Byrd - Hughe Ashton's Ground
  • Jan Johansson - Jazz pa svenska
  • Scarlatti - Sonata in D minor

Find more playlists at: Play(list) by the Book

3 comments:

  1. This is a really cool post! The Bone Clocks was actually the book that got me listening to Talking Heads so even though I wasn't a huge fan of it I'll always like it for that.

    Your playlist was great too. The Talking Heads song was excellent, as was In Bloom (personally I prefer In Utero over Nevermind but they're both amazing records) and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds fits the latter half of the book perfectly.

    Killian
    http://leaf-on-the-breeze.blogspot.ie/2015/01/book-review-4-bone-clocks-by-david.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      Some of the songs I couldn't really remember, so I was listening to them while I was reading and so came the idea to compile this playlist.

      I prefer In Utero too, but Nevermind was mentioned so I had to choose something from there. Mitchell must be a great fan of The Beatles since his second novel is called number9dream, which is a song by John Lenon. There wouldn't be a song more fitting than that. You can check it out, my review earlier in February, begins with it.

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)