January 15, 2016

Play(list) by the Book: 11/22/63


Hello, everybody! I'm so happy that yet another novel has offered me the opportunity to create a literary playlist. This time, the list is based on 11/22/63 by Stephen King. The book is rich in music references, both songs and artists. The playlist is quite long, but if you like the late '50s and early '60s, you'll love it. So, sit back and enjoy!

As usual, in the playlist, I included all the songs and artists mentioned throughout the novel. When a specific song wasn't mentioned, I tried to choose one that fit the time that the story was taking place. In this case, the story takes place from 1958 to 1963. Silent Night is mentioned in the novel with the alternative "Silent Mike, holy Mike". Another special case is The Battle Hymn of the Republic. In 11/22/63 was stated that Johnny Horton was singing it, but I was unable to find this version. Because of this, I included another version of it and an additional Johnny Horton song.


Find more playlists at: Play(list) by the Book

2 comments:

  1. Hi Konna! This is a fabulous playlist. Thank you so much for making it. My book club is reading this novel and we were discussing the song references and playing them as we read. We joked about making soundtracks to go with every book. That's when my girlfriend discovered your blog. Bravo to you for making it a reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Stephen King's novels are always filled with so many references. I'm glad that you could accompany your reading with this playlist :)

      Delete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)