February 29, 2016

The Reading Book Post, February 29th


Hello, everybody! Last night was Oscars night. I was particularly interested in the Adapted Screenplay category, as one of my favourite authors was nominated (Nick Hornby for Brooklyn) and one of the greatest adaptations I've ever seen onscreen was also nominated (The Martian). Eventually, none of those won, but all the nominees made this particular category really tough. Anyway, let's see what happened in the literary world the previous week.

  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares is getting a sequel! See the cover and read an interview with the authors Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily is due on October 18, 2016.   


  • Prepare to add two more books to your to-be-read list! New novels by Zadie Smith and Ali Smith will be published this year. Swing Time by Zadie Smith is expected on November 3rd, while Autumn by Ali Smith is due on August 24, 2016. 


  • The End of Watch, the upcoming novel be Stephen King now has an animated cover. What do you think? The novel will be available on June 7, 2016.


  • Irvine Welsh is also returning in 2016 with his new novel The Blade Artist. For now, you can read an excerpt while the novel is coming on April 7th.


  • Watch the new book trailer for the upcoming picture-book They All Saw a Cat by Brendan Wenzel. What an impressive art style! The book will be published on August 30.


  • Tell the Wind and Fire, the upcoming young adult novel by Sarah Rees Brennan's is due on April 5. But you can watch the book trailer. Are you fired up for this novel?


  • We have some news about The Winds of Winter. Unfortunately, it's now a release date. George R. R. Martin has revealed that in the latest installment of The Song of Ice and Fire there will be a twist that cannot be used in the series, as this character is dead in the show.


  • What is a better combination than tea and books? Well, Novel Teas combines both of those things. Each tea bag includes tags with quotes by famous authors. I need this in my life!


  • Which Literary Heroine Are You? Take the quiz to find out! I got Hermione Granger (Yay!), which one did you get?

8 comments:

  1. I got Elizabeth Bennett! I love the Novel Teas idea, noting it down as a gift idea for a friend :) They All Saw A Cat's illustrations are so, so awesome!

    Raashi
    raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Elizabeth Bennet is one of my all time favourite characters! Novel Teas is such a great gift idea. I thought that They All Saw a Cat had a very unique art style :)

      Delete
  2. I got Hermione Granger! I am super happy :D :)
    The cover of stephen king's novel is so good with sharks floating around. But, I will not be able to read it. Why can't he write books with no brutal murders? Or rather why can't I read such books? Sigh...I got to do something about it! I have not read 'Dash & Lily's Book of Dares' though I always wanted to. I always wanted to read it during the Christmas every year but unfortunately I was not able to get my hands on this book. I will for sure read it this year and with a sequel coming up it would be a must read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read either Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, but now I really want to. This year...

      Delete
  3. Ahh, I'm so excited for The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily! And for the quiz I got Scout Finch (and I have no idea who that even is haha).

    ~Cari @ myaddictionbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scout is iconic! I totally recommend reading To Kill a Mockingbird! :)

      Delete
  4. I got Katniss Everdeen!! And omg I love that animated cover! It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, everyone! Thanks for stopping by. I value comments a lot. So if you have anything to say feel free to express yourselves on the comments below! I try to respond to all of your comments and if you leave a link to your blog I will visit it :)